Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
IPSE Seminar: Representation in the Higher Education workforce
Thursday, 26 January 2012 from 14:00 to 16:30 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Transformations In Educational Workforces Seminar Series:
Representation in the Higher Education workforce: issues of exclusion and inclusion
The seminars take a critical look at the changing nature of the education workforce in its broadest sense and so explore the relationships, tensions, ambiguities and enhancements that have come to characterise the current workforce. January's seminar will explore issues of exclusion and inclusion within the Higher Education workforce, and gendered, classed, raced representation.
Professor Carole Leathwood (IPSE, London Metropolitan University):
‘Re/presenting gender in the academy: presence and absence.’
Professor Valerie Hey and Dr Mairead Dunne (CHEER, University of Sussex):
‘Making a Difference? Conducting an applied study on the experience of BME staff in English Higher Education’.
When & Where
Business Works, London Metropolitan University Business School (LMBS)
Business Works is responsible for student employability development through work placements and promotion of extra-curricular activities, University central services and the communications of the Business School.
The focus includes:
- employability and business events,
- employer and professional body liaison,
- supporting students in finding suitable short and long-term placement opportunities,
- collaborating with all LMBS subject groups for academic skills, employability development and Personal Development Planning,
- assisting in preparing students for the professional business environment in conjunction with the Careers team and
- LMBS website development for the Business Schools’ external profiling and engagement with the wider community.